The GNOME.Asia Committee is inviting interested parties to submit proposals for hosting the GNOME.Asia during the 2nd quarter of 2015.
The GNOME.Asia Summit is the featured annual GNOME Conference in Asia. The event focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop, but also covers applications and the development platform tools. It brings together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers, foundation leaders, governments and businesses to discuss both the present technology and future developments.
GNOME.Asia Summits have been held in Beijing, Ho-Chi-Minh City, Taipei, Bangalore, Hong Kong Seoul and Beijing respectively over the last seven years. The Summit’s preference is to find a new location each year in order to we spread GNOME throughout Asia and we are looking for local organizers to rise to the challenge of organizing an excellent GNOME event. The GNOME.Asia committee will assist in the process, but there is a definitive need for individuals to be actively involved and committed to the planning and execution of the event.
You can learn more about GNOME.Asia Summit at our website: http://www.gnome.asia
Interested parties are hereby invited to submit a formal proposal to the gnome-asia-committee-list<at>gnome<dot> org . The deadline for the proposals is September 1, 2014. Please email your proposal to gnome-asia-committee-list<at>gnome<dot> org. We might invite you to present your proposal in more details over our regular IRC meetings or send you additional questions and requests. Results will be announced by the third week of September, 2014.
The conference will require availability of facilities for 3-5 days, including a weekend, during the 2nd quarter of 2015 (between March and June). Final event dates should avoid other key free software conferences or other events that may have conflict and will be confirmed together with other GNOME teams which might get involved. Key points which each proposals should consider and which will be taken into account when deciding among candidates, are:
- Local community support for hosting the conference.
- Venue details. Information about infrastructure and facilities to hold the conference should be provided.
Preliminary schedule with main program & different activities.
Information about how Internet connectivity will be managed.
- Lodging choices ranging from affordable housing to nicer hotels, and information about distances between the venue and lodging options.
- The availability of restaurants or the organization of catering on-site, cost of food/soft drinks/beer.
- The availability and cost of travel from major Asian and European cities.
- Local industries, universities and government support.
- Please provide a reasonably detailed budget (sponsorships, expenses, etc).
- Provide plans for local sponsorship’s
Please refer to the official web site of GNOME.Asia . Please also check the GNOME.Asia Summit check list , howtos  and the winning proposal for 2012  when putting together a proposal.
You are welcome to contact gnome-asia-committee-list<at>gnome<dot> org if you have any questions.
Please help to spread the word and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon!