2020 was a very unique year! Throughout the past year, we have navigated through many challenges, implemented many changes and new technologies, and come through it with better ways to help us work together and gather the community remotely. We’re excited to share these challenges and changes along with some of our best moments and achievements in our 2019-2020 annual report.
- We launched our inaugural GNOME Community Engagement Challenge with the support of Endless in spring, receiving 149 proposals in Phase One from applicants all around the world
- We released Gresik (3.36) and Orbis (3.38)
- We combated a patent infringement suit from patent assertion entity, Rothschild Patent Imaging, LLC, with the help of our lawyers at OIN and all of our supporters and contributors throughout the GNOME Community
- We held our first fully remote GUADEC, utilizing new systems for video conferencing with Big Blue Button, event management and registration with Indico, and live streaming on YouTube. These developments also helped us support and host 4 additional remote events
- We hosted 14 Google Summer of Code students, 2 Outreachy students, and 2 Google Season of Docs students
For more details please see our annual report.
2020 was a success thanks to all of you! Your contributions and donations support GNOME and allow us to continue working towards a world where everyone is empowered by technology they can trust. We look forward to continuing this work with you in the coming years.