The GNOME Foundation invites bids for hosting GNOME.Asia 2023.
GNOME.Asia Summit is the featured annual GNOME conference in Asia. It focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop but also covers applications and platform development tools. The summit brings together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers, foundation leaders, governments, and businesses to discuss the present technology and future developments.
If you are interested in submitting a bid to host this year’s event in your city, please send an intention to bid by end of the day on the 15th of February. Intentions should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GNOME.Asia organizers are available for any questions at email@example.com.
Your bid should demonstrate that:
- The location is easily accessible by plane or train
- You have a motivated local team with a few core members, preferably with experience in event organization
- A suitable venue is available to host the event
- There are affordable accommodations and places to eat
- There is a local industry and government support
Your bid should also include:
- A rough cost estimate for the conference budget
Please use wiki.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2019Summit as an example of how bids should look.
- Intent to bid: Feb 15, 2023
- Bid submission: March 1, 2023
Bid submissions are due by end of the day on the 1st of March and should be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more time to finalize your bid or assistance please contact email@example.com, we are happy to help you.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Foundation Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.