The GNOME Foundation is pleased to announce that the Call For Participation in GNOME Asia Summit 2023 is now open! This year’s summit will occur from December 1st to 3rd at Kathmandu, Nepal.
GNOME.Asia is the featured annual GNOME conference in Asia and focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop, applications, and platform development tools. The Summit brings together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers, foundation leaders, governments, and businesses to discuss current technology and future developments.
The GNOME Foundation is seeking talks on a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Contributing to GNOME
- UI design
- Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design)
- Developing GNOME on embedded systems or open hardware
- Contributing to Linux and FLOSS
- Linux kernel and development
- The development and promotion of open-source operating systems
- Distributions, including Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, and FreeBSD
- The development and promotion of other open source projects
- We are also interested in different topics related to Free/Libre and Open Source Software that are not listed above.
Sessions will be scheduled for 30 or 50 minutes (Q&A included). The session could be a technical or non-technical talk, panel discussion, workshop, or Birds of a Feather session (BoF).
The deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2023. You can submit your talk proposal at: https://events.gnome.org/event/170/abstracts/.
For more information, feel free to contact the organizing team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.